Who are we?
Eficode isn’t just an IT consultancy. Since 15 years we focus on the technical side of Agile and Continuous Delivery - the art of delivering working software quickly, safely, and sustainably. Our aim is to become the DevOps leader in Europe by sharing our knowledge and building communities. Eficode is more than 300 experts strong, operating across the Nordics and Western Europe.
We want to be a magnet for the best and brightest people in software. That’s why we work with cutting edge technologies as well as being a dedicated open source contributor. It’s also why our culture is so important to us. We believe in open communication, flat organization and cross-company collaboration. These are the promises we make to each other every day.
About the Position:
As Big Data DevOps consultant you will join our team in Amsterdam to participate in Big Data DevOps projects with hands-on skills related to big data development and big data infrastructure administration. The opportunity includes the assignments towards implementing initiatives for Big Data infrastructure, operations and maintenance.
Main activities: collecting, storing, processing, and analysing large sets of data. The primary priorities consist of Data Lakes optimal solutions, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. Another important activity is developing & implementing custom data pipelines for AI & ML.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on Data Lakes and big data projects
- Develop, implement, and deploy custom data pipelines powering machine learning algorithms, insights generation, client benchmarking tools, business intelligence dashboards, reporting and new data products
- Technical expertise in Hadoop administration or other Non-SQL Databases
- Evaluate new big data tools, frameworks and technologies, conduct pilots and proof of values to identify optimum solutions towards requirements
- Install, maintain, and administer software on physical or virtualised servers
- Automate manual processes and data pipelines with tools such as Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash)
- Monitor Big Data Application/Infrastructure Performance and availability
- Implement ETL processes from various data sources to Hadoop cluster
We would love to hear from you if you...
- see yourself as a very talented and tech driven DevOps Consultant
- are looking for a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- have a “getting things done” mentality and approach problems with a pragmatic attitude
- enjoy an informal, but professional atmosphere
You will need to have...
- Master or Bachelor of Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the following:
- Automating build/deployment, software configuration, continuous integration/continuous delivery, release engineering related tasks within Big Data Environments
- Automating manual processes and Software Development using Python/Java, Unix Shell (bash, ash), SQL
- Big Data Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop (MapR), Spark, Yarn, Kafka
- Knowledge, experience with Data Lakes AWS / Azure / Snowflakes
- NoSQL databases: HBase, Cassandra, MapR DB
- Big Data querying tools: Drill, Presto, Hive
- Infrastructure automation tools (Ansible; Terraform)
- Monitoring logging tools: Splunk, ELK
- Monitoring Application/Infrastructure Performance and availability
- Experience or understanding of developing machine learning & AI systems in a distributed environment.
- Experience with development tools: GIT, Bitbucket; collaboration tools : Jira and Confluence; Test Automation tools: Robot Framework; Selenium; Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch ; AppDynamics; New Relic; ELK
- Containerization (Docker) and containers orchestration (Kubernetes)
Other skills we are looking for...
- Teamplayer, self-starter
- Preferably Dutch speaking, if not fluent in English is a must
- Enjoys working with teams and individuals from different cultures and countries
- Good communication skills
- Able to coach other team members
- Enterprise awareness
- Intercultural awareness
- Easy to work with
What you get back...
- Competitive salary and benefits - we take good care of you!
- Flexible working hours
- Tech device of choice
- A nurturing learning environment and working with some of the smartest people in the DevOps world
- Personal development, certifications, unique projects and events
- A warm and welcoming company culture - at Eficode we love our people :)